What are Open Practice Badges?
- Badges to acknowledge open practices are visual incentives for researchers to share their publication’s data, materials, or research process.
- Badges signal to the reader that the content has been made available and certify its accessibility in a linked, persistent location.
Badges seems silly. Do they work?
- Implementing these badges dramatically increases the rates of data sharing.
- Ten journals are currently issuing Open Practice Badges. View a list of journals and organizations that have adopted and endorsed badges here.
Alright, I’m on board. What are the next steps?
- Each journal may choose to award the badges based on a simple author disclosure statement or independent peer review.
- The badges are free to use with attribution of their source. Download the images and get started right away at https://osf.io/tvyxz/files/
- We offer examples of how to display badges on your publications. As long as the badge image and disclosure statement are presented, you can display them any way you like.
Still have questions? More details here, or you can email us at email@example.com.