There is a detailed description of the terms and conditions for the Preregistration Challenge to meet legal requirements and maximize the fair administration of the process. Here are highlights of key items:
- Articles must be published in an eligible journal.
- Before becoming a preregistration, submissions to the Challenge must be reviewed for adherence to the eligibility criteria. Once accepted, submissions become a static, time stamped preregistration. Please do not begin your study until it is registered. Submissions are generally reviewed within the same business day.
- The published article must also be reviewed and approved for meeting eligibility criteria.
- U.S. law restricts eligibility of contests like this one from being administered within the U.S. State Department's list of embargoed countries. Therefore, residents of those countries may not participate in the Preregistration Challenge.
- The use of pre-existing data may make your registration ineligible for the Preregistration Challenge. See the FAQ tab for more info.
- When awarded, one prize is given per published article to the article author that submitted the preregistration that was approved by the Challenge administrators.
- Awardees can earn only one prize each, but can enter as many times as they wish and can be co-authors on other awarded entries.
- Prizes will be awarded at pre-determined dates to eligible entrants. If more eligible entrants exist than available prizes, entrants will be ranked based on the date of registration.
- Entering the Preregistration Challenge requires that you agree to all of its terms. If you do not agree to the terms you may still continue, use the form, and register your research study without entering the Challenge.
As experience is gained with preregistration and the Challenge process, we expect that we will identify ways to improve the process and requirements. We will make updates as is needed and document those changes. Prior entrants will not lose eligibility based on future changes. The eligibility criteria and preregistration process is currently version 1.0.0. Check the change log here.
We welcome questions and feedback (firstname.lastname@example.org).