New, Proposed, Highly-Powered Replication Studies
1. Researchers must submit a pre-submission inquiry to this form to confirm eligibility. Pre-submission inquiries will be reviewed by the project team at COS. In your inquiry, please include the items below. Multiple inquiries may be submitted.*
- A description of the research as an abstract in 300 words or less
- A project budget (up to $25,000) and brief justification of costs
- A justification that the study you wish to replicate would be otherwise difficult to conduct or publish otherwise
The COS project team will respond within 4 business days confirming eligibility or detailing the reasons why a project would not be eligible for a financial award.
2. If your project is confirmed for eligibility, researchers must submit a Stage 1 Registered Report to PLOS by 30 November, 2019. Questions on completing a Registered Report can be directed to David Mellor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. If your study is accepted by PLOS, you will then preregister your study on OSF and an initial award payment will be made.
4. After you conduct your study, final results must be submitted to PLOS who conducts the Stage 2 review. Additionally, a final report must be submitted to COS. Upon receipt of both the final submission and the final report, you will receive the remainder of your study award.
*No individual may receive more than one award from each of the three submission types (null results, file drawer replications, or new replications). Members of the same lab or co-authors on accepted papers do not count toward this limit.